Address: Helsinki, Finland
On the weekend 9-10th of March it will be time again to give our swing dancing a little international booster. We invited four absolutely wonderful teachers to share their skills, knowledge and ideas with us:
- Carla St & Andrés Lázaro (Madrid, Spain)
- Eliisa Õunamägi & Janek Õunamägi (Tallinn, Estonia)
- Maria Puustinen & Karri Rasinmäki (BPS) (Beginners course)
During the mini-workshop weekend you can pick from a palette of different theme classes with different level requirements.
The classes will take place on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night is of course reserved for an exhilarating dance party at Balderin sali with live music by no less than Reunion Big Band ft. Heidi Kiviharju. On Sunday, right after the classes, we have relaxed tea dance and chill out session at Hautomo.
Each class is pre-defined by a topic and is registered for separately (25e / 1h55min). The only exception to this is the Beginner’s introduction course, for which registration is done for the entire weekend (50e / 4h). In the registration form you can sign up for classes and party. Spots are limited to ~20 participants per workshop
Classes take place in Hautomo Dance school in Merimiehenkatu 29 except: Shim Sham Tap Rhythm variations, Solo Jazz with Andres, and Sunday’s Intro to Lindy hop. These will take place in Fiesta Flamenca, Laivurinrinne 5 (300m walking).
Saturday party with live music at Balderin sali, Aleksanterinkatu 12.
All classes are rather defined by the topic than by a certain level, but you will have the best workshop experience if you fill these minimum requirements.
- Beginners: No previous dance experience needed
- Basic: 0,5 - 1,5 years of active dancing
- Intermediate to Advanced: More than 1,5 years of active dancing
- Open-ended lead & follow: Achieving a balanced dance conversation, less traditional lead/follow.
- Shim Sham Tap Rhythm variations: You can use your soft-soled shoes for this class, but bring tap shoes if you have some.
- For the Solo Jazz with Eliisa & Janek you should know the Shim Sham Routine.
- For Solo Jazz with Andres Lazaro you should already know the basics of Solo jazz (basic moves and / or routines).
New in Lindy Hop?
Are you new in Lindy Hop or you know a friend who would like to start dancing?
During the total of ~ 4h of lessons you will get a profound insight into the world of authentic swing dancing. You will get a sense of interpreting swinging rhythm in dancing, how to both* lead and follow movement, and learn some of the moves lindy hoppers have been rocking since the 1920’s.
Beginner’s course includes Saturday and Sunday party tickets!
Band update! Reunion Big Band will spoil your feet and ears on Saturday 9.3. in Balderin sali. And not only that, they...Posted by Black Pepper Swing on Sunday, 24 February 2019
Last but (absolutely) not least, let us introduce multi-talent and power woman Carla Stinus. She manages her own school...Posted by Black Pepper Swing on Monday, 11 February 2019
Let bendy hopper Andrès Lazaró mesmerize you with his mad skills in few weeks time ❄️ Andrés started dancing in Madrid...Posted by Black Pepper Swing on Monday, 28 January 2019
Wonderful people, dancers and teachers in the same package: That's Eliisa & Janek! Come to their classes on the second...Posted by Black Pepper Swing on Friday, 25 January 2019
Graphics by the amazing Catarina Allen.